The TCS/Legacy Parents Association (PA)
The mission of the Parents Association is to support the school and its families:
- To ensure a high quality of education for our children, beyond state mandates, by raising money for the school.
- To increase parent participation in the school and build a sense of community. We host educational lectures on topics relevant to raising our children and social events for families.
- To facilitate communication between parents and the school.
We host 4-6 events every year where parents can interact with the school staff and one another. We sponsor lectures and social events and strongly encourage parents to attend these, where they can learn about the latest developments at the school.
The Steering Committee meets four times a year. All meetings are open to all parents and school staff members. Steering committee meetings are also a place where parents can ask questions and talk about concerns. For dates and times of the meetings, please consult the school calendar. Reminders will be sent to parents prior to the SC meetings.
If you can't attend, you can also share your thoughts or concerns with the PA Liaison(s) responsible for your child's school.
Our fundraising initiatives:
- Annual Fund (year-round)--substantial financial support to go directly to school programs, to provide education beyond the mandates;
- Holiday Fund—provides all TCS/Legacy staff with a cash thank-you gift (given once a year at the winter holidays);
- Dance-a-thon (formerly a Walkathon)—our only student-driven fundraiser, in which students get sponsors to attend; the proceeds provide ongoing support for the athletic, music/theater, and art programs.
- Gala (co-sponsored with the school's board of directors)—provides an undesignated gift to the school's operating budget each year;
- Silent Auction (at the Gala)—provides money that the PA returns to the school for designated purposes
Steering Committee Officers:
Co-Chairs: Susan Valdes-Dapena (and Dance-a-thon Coordinator) and Robert Kim (and Gala)
Treasurer and Annual Fund Chair: Jeff Bloch
Secretary and Email Communications: Maya White
Class Parent Coordinator and Facebook Admin.: Larirsa Ortiz
ES Liaisons: Linda Kaplan (and Silent Auction Coordinator), Robert Kim
MS Liaisons: Margot Weinstock (and Facebook Admin.), Rita Kimmel (and Flyers)
H.S. Liaisons: Theresa Cousins, Evelyn Perez
PA Gala Committee: Marge Hoppe (chair), Sharon Nelson, Robert Kim, Constance Mitchell-Ford, Linda Kaplan
Sheila Steiner Library dedication wine and cheese: Beth Arky
TCS/Legacy Board Liaison and Gala Committee Chair: Gary Rome
Alumni Outreach: Karen D'Attilo