The library is an integral component of the learning community at The Child School / Legacy High School. It provides the physical space for students and teachers to access resources that support subject area curriculums and the varied interests of our diverse student body. The library encourages discovery and exploration by students individually and in groups and provides instruction and opportunities for students to become effective and creative users of ideas and information. The library will accomplish its mission by:
- Providing intellectual and physical access to materials in a variety of formats.
- Promoting interest in reading and engaging students in dialog about literature and information.
- Providing instruction and guidance to students to foster competence and stimulate interest in locating, evaluating, and using information and ideas.
- Collaborating with teachers to help design curriculum units, learning strategies, and instructional materials that meet core curriculum standards, encourage critical thinking, and respond to a range of individual student learning abilities, styles, and needs.
- Providing staff development to teachers and administrators.
Access to Online Resources
Subscription Databases, Ebooks, MLA Formatting Guidelines